Start menu had been an essential feature of Microsoft Windows for almost two decades, used by countless users all over the world. But Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 are shipped without it.
Just like you, we refused to accept this situation, which is why we decided to make Start menu of our own. We put it back to Windows and we even added a few new features. We called it StartW8 and now you can use it too. It's free, quick & easy.
StartW8 allows users to access their apps and folders with greater ease as it adds a fully-functional Start Menu to their Windows 8 computer/notebook. Users can also easily search a specific file or program by entering a relevant keyword, or they can simply shut down their PC, reboot or switch users.
- Automatically switch to desktop immediately after signing in
- Added Windows 7 style Start menu
- Activate menu with Win key
- Log off, lock and turn off buttons
- Traditional search field
- Favourite applications
- All user configurable
- Support for silent installation
- Multilanguage support (see the end of the page)
- Solved the problem with inability to uninstall older version StartW8 after updating from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1.
- Fixed bug with DPI resolution.
- Option to ignore Windows start screen button in the lower left hot corner.
- Option to open StartW8 Start menu using Windows key and Ctrl+Escape.
- Option to disable StartW8 Start menu for current user.
- 4 new translations included (Russian, Polish, Norwegian, Argentine Spanish).