All in one. One for all
MPlayerX is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer, which means it could handle almost any media format in the world for you and no extra plug-ins or codec packages are required. Just drop anything to it, MPlayerX will give you a clear and smooth playback.
Dance on your fingers
Multi-touch on Mac OS X is wonderful, MPlayerX takes advantage of it in a fantastic way. You don't have to remember the keyboard shortcuts or move the cursor among the buttons anymore, MPlayerX will follow your gestures. Just try to pinch, tap or swipe, MPlayerX provides you the easiest way to control the playback.
Any subtitle you watch
You may still remember the old days, downloading the subtitles from somewhere, then convert and load it, by your own hands. Really annoying, right? MPlayerX will detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle file automatically and seamlessly. Not only Latins, but also Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew are well handled too.
No play-list? Don't be frustrated. MPlayerX could find the next episode in the same folder for you. As long as the file names are numbered in any guessable pattern, MPlayerX could find it intelligently and play it for you.
MPlayerX now could stream youtube audio and video. Just input the URL of the webpage in youtube.com which you may find in the address bar of the web browser, MPlayerX will play it for you seamlessly.
Want to enjoy with your home theater system? Just plug your SPDIF cable into your Mac. MPlayerX will recognize it automatically and output the raw DTS/AC3 stream. No more extra settings.
Apple Remote support
MPlayerX could be controlled by Apple Remote. Furthermore, it supports Remote Buddy and Sofa Control in a seamless way, so just keep relaxing in your couch. Click to download the Control Script for Sofa.
- Fix a serious memleak issue in mplayer, please drop 1.0.18
- Hardware Accelerated Video Decoding boosted.
- New: scripting support added, which means Flutter.app-ready now.
- Fix: three fingers swiping stopped working.
- Fix: in some mp3 and m4a files with album art, time/seek stopped working.
- Fix: when paused, display dimmed and Mac falls to sleep.
- Fix: video is wrongly decoded in some RealMedia files.
- Fix: the remaining time is wrong when playback speed is not 1x.
- Fix: the position of the play control always reset when app exits.