This is an extension for VLC player. You need to install that program first and the follow the instructions below.
- click on the download button below
- save the file and extract "vlsub.lua"
- put the file "vlsub.lua" in vlc /lua/extensions:
- Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%VideoLANVLCluaextensions
- Windows (current user): %APPDATA%vlcluaextensions
- Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
- Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
- Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/extensions/
- Mac OS X (current user): /Users/%your_name%/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/extensions/
- Start Vlc
- Start your video
- Click on the menu View > VLSub or VLC > Extension > VLSub if you're on Mac OS X
- Click on "Search by hash" or "Search by name"
- Select a subtitles file on the list
- Click on "Download selection"
- That's it, the subtitles should appear on your video.
- If you're not happy with your subtitles (wrong sync etc), you can select an other one and click "Download" again, that will erase the previous one and load it autoamtically.
- Add possibility to set opensubtitles.org username/password in config menu to avoid download limit to unlogged users.
Due to some bugs on Windows, if the path to your video contain non-english characters, the extension will not be able to save subtitles in this directory autmatically (it will propose you to save it manually) and the "search by hash" method might be slower.