If you've ever wondered where all your disk space has gone, Disk Inventory X will help you to answer this question.
How much does it cost?
It is absolutely free and released under the GPL. The layout algorithm is based on KDirStat. The idea to develop this program came to me when a fellow of mine showed me his creation WinDirStat.
- New features:
- Finder context menu plugin with a "Open in Disk Inventory X" command for folders and volumes (have to be installed manually in the preference window!)
- a new selection list which can show all files of a specific kind or all files (to show the selection list, use the new context menu in the kind statistic or select menu "Window->Selection List").
- an option whether the assignment between colors and file kinds are shared between open windows or not (so every kind has in all windows the same color - like before - or the assignment is done for each window separately)
- performance improvements when dealing with a large number of files
- sortable columns in the kind statistic drawer (and in the new selection list, of course)
- a warning is shown prior deleting a file or folder on a network volume (items on a network volume can only be deleted, not moved to trash)
- bug fixes:
- DIX crashed when refreshing a file or files if DIX has zoomed into a folder
- the "select parent" shortcut did not work if the file view had the focus: the shortcut is now changed to Apple-U (previously Command-P).