Google Keyboard for Android 1.0.1800
Google Keyboard makes text input smart and easy. Glide through letters with Gesture Typing – just lift to finish a word, no spacebar required. Compose notes on-the-go with Voice Typing. With amazing word recognition and next-word prediction, Google Keyboard helps you type faster and more accurately on all your Android devices.
- Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
- Voice Typing
- Next-word suggestions and current-word completions
- Dictionaries for 26 languages
- Advanced keyboard layouts
- Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
Note: Some HTC users have reported problems with Google Keyboard following a recent update to Android 4.2.2. If Google Keyboard becomes invisible in your Language & input settings after installing it through the Play Store, please contact your device manufacturer or mobile carrier for more information.
- Rationalized punctuation across different sizes (4",7" and 10")
- Inserted emoji entry point & layouts (KitKat or later)
- De-blued press states
- Added space-aware gesture typing (you will not have to lift your finger while gesture typing - just go through the space bar)
- Added and tuned keyboard layouts for some languages.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.