SysInternals RAMMap 1.32
Have you ever wondered exactly how Windows is assigning physical memory, how much file data is cached in RAM, or how much RAM is used by the kernel and device drivers?
AMMap makes answering those questions easy. RAMMap is an advanced physical memory usage analysis utility for Windows Vista and higher. It presents usage information in different ways on its several different tabs:
- Use Counts: usage summary by type and paging list
- Processes: process working set sizes
- Priority Summary: prioritized standby list sizes
- Physical Pages: per-page use for all physical memory
- Physical Ranges: physical memory addresses
- File Summary: file data in RAM by file
- File Details: individual physical pages by file
Use RAMMap to gain understanding of the way Windows manages memory, to analyze application memory usage, or to answer specific questions about how RAM is being allocated. RAMMapís refresh feature enables you to update the display and it includes support for saving and loading memory snapshots.
For definitions of the labels RAMMap uses as well as to learn about the physical-memory allocation algorithms used by the Windows memory manager, please see Windows Internals, 5th Edition.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.