Xbox One SmartGlass for Mobile 2.0.3
Xbox One SmartGlass is the perfect companion app for your Xbox One, both in your living room and on the go. Connect and control your Xbox One. Stay connected with the games and gamers you like. Add a new dimension to your console entertainment with the mobile device you already own.
Entertainment is more amazing with Xbox SmartGlass
Xbox SmartGlass turns your mobile phone or tablet into a second screen that intelligently interacts with your Xbox to elevate your entertainment experience. Xbox SmartGlass allows for your devices and TV to talk to each other to enhance your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports and games.
Control at your fingertips
Use your phone, tablet, or Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets and PCs to control your living room Xbox experience. Navigate the Xbox dashboard, pause and rewind your favorite movie, swipe, pinch, and tap to surf the Web on your TV, and use your device's keyboard for easy text input and search on your console.
Discover more. Easier.
Intelligently connected devices allow you to watch one experience on your TV, while simultaneously controlling what you’re watching. Get relevant immersive details about a movie, TV show, or game. Even browse the entire Xbox catalog – all from your phone or tablet. Your Xbox devices talk to each other to make things easier for you.
Don't just watch your TV. Interact with it.
Your phone or tablet transforms into the ideal second screen companion to your TV as it automatically serves up extended experiences of your favorite TV shows, movies, music, games and sports. Interactive companion guides, behind-the scenes commentary, and real-time game strategy are just a taste of what you can unlock with Xbox SmartGlass.
In the living room:
- Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
- Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
- Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
- Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
- Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
In the living room and on the go:
- Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
- Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game DVR clips
This app requires an Xbox membership to sign in. Available for most Android 4.0+ smartphones, with WVGA screen resolution or higher, plus 7"" and 10"" Tablets "
- Bug fixes.
- Multiple application crashing bugs fixed.
- Multiple Xbox Companion launch bugs fixed.
- Pop-over image links fixed.
- Achievement lists expanded for more complete views.
- A new error message is implemented when Xbox One connection attempts are made and the device is not on WiFi.
- The auto-reconnect success messages are improved.
- Updated out of box screens.
- The Xbox One SmartGlass application only works in portrait mode on 7” devices in this release.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: