Users and processes making the changes can also be detected and with the help of plugins, Directory Monitor also provides text logs, automation via script/application execution, emailing, writing to a database, sound notifications and more.
- Real-time monitoring of file changes, modifications, deletions, new files and file access.
- Monitor local directories or network shares (including hidden/private shares).
- Balloon notifications whenever an event is detected.
- Options to detect all files in subdirectories and changes to file attributes.
- Optionally execute an application/script when an event occurs.
- Log all changes to a text file of your choice.
- Include and exclude filters per directory.
- Auto updating, import/export.
- Run in the background as a Windows service (PRO).
- Detect the user and application/process that made the changes (PRO).
- Command-line version to run from the console (PRO).
- Snapshots to determine changes even when a share is down or the machine was off (PRO).
- Run external applications/scripts without hidden and in the background (PRO).
- Extend functionality with your own custom plugins using the SDK provided (PRO).
Software that can be used as an alternative to Directory Monitor: