- PPU color emphasis and monochrome mode.
- Gameplay joypad data logging, also known as NES movies.
- Save states, at any time.
- GUI and configuration file auto generated.
- Sound recording in WAV format.
- Built-in 6502 CPU disassembler.
- Pseudo stereo sound output.
- Famiclone-style sound output.
- Various screen blitters with stretched and scanlined modes.
- Video triple buffering in full screen, avoiding screen tearing effect.
- Almost any NES PPU/CPU memory dumping.
- Palette RAM viewer.
- Fixed graphics modes, switching to fullscreen always use the desktop resolution.
- Fixed bitmap blitters 2x stretched to 640x480.
- Fixed toggling fullscreen and windowed modes.
- In windowed mode, changing the blitter adjusts the window size.
- Fixed a problem with palette startup.
Software that can be used as an alternative to RockNES: