- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn't fully downloaded, seeking still works.
- (Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
- Add a new "Transfers" menu for pausing or resuming all torrents (#1027)
- Update Electron to 1.4.15
- Windows 32-bit: App can use 4GB of memory instead of just 2GB
- Fix "Portable App" writing crash reports to "%APPDATA%\Temp" (Windows)
- Updated WebTorrent engine to 0.98.5
- Fix issue where http web seeds would sometimes stall
- Don't send 'completed' event to tracker again if torrent is already complete
- Add more peer ID entropy
- Set user-agent header for tracker http requests
- Fix paste shortcut in tracker list on Create Torrent page (#1112)
- Auto-focus the 'OK' button in modal dialogs (#1058)
- Fix formatting issue in the speed stats on the Player page (#1039)
Apps similar to WebTorrent Desktop 4
This is the newest working version of Popcorn Time includes improvements and tons of fixes. Supports Windows, macOS and Linux.
Award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media.
This Popcorn Time service not only offer movies but TV shows too. Just select a movie or episode and press play.