Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only. You must reset the router to factory defaults after the upgrade.
1. When the router is in WPA/WPA2-PSK mixed mode, it tells a client to use WPA2-PSK through WPS.
2. Add WPS support when the security mode is WEP with Auto authentication.
3. Pass Vista Premium logo certification
1. Some Intel 4965ABGN build wireless client (NB build in) or MAC user may experience temporary wireless disconnect/connect every 30 or 60 minutes
1. RECOMENDED - Please use “WPA2-ONLY security” instead of “WPA+WPA2 mix mode” on GUI router setting. This will prevent that the client from using incorrect WPA (TKIP) packet transmission error; the fail will trigger router 802.11 function - MIC failure. So, it can be fixed if you just select WPA2-only and has better security mode.
2. Please upgrade your Intel 4965ABGN driver and don’t use third part build in NB application to manage your wireless client. The Microsoft default WZC (Windows zero configuration) wireless management is recommended.
Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only.
You must reset the router to factory defaults after the upgrade.
1. Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to reenter them manually.
2. Download using the button to your right.
3. Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://192.168.1.1 ( if you did not change the router’s IP address ).
4. Click Maintenance > Router Upgrade
5. Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
6. Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step. The router reboots when the upgrade is done.
7. After the router boots up, log in the router again.
You MUST Reset the router to default settings after upgrading the firmware
8. Click Maintenance > Backup Settings
9. Click Erase. The router reboots when the Erase operation is done.
10. If you would like to check that the upgrade was successful, log in to the router again at http://192.168.1.1, and check the firmware version.
11. Re-configure the router with the settings you saved in step 1. Optionally, You can use the Smart Wizard configuration assistant on the CD to reconfigure the router.
First FTP for North America users only, second one World-wide version - for users outside North America only.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.