As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Go here for instructions: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_driver_instructions.html
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update: http://www.nvidia.com/object/recommended_software_updates.html
This driver supports the following NVIDIA GPUs (there are some exceptions – please refer to the Products Supported tab):
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, and 200M-series notebook GPUs.
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in this release:
* Adds GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
* Adds support for DirectCompute with Windows 7.
* Adds support for OpenGL 3.2.
* Adds support for OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language).
* Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles including Borderlands, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, FIFA Soccer 10, and more.
* Includes numerous bug fixes including improved performance for Need for Speed: Shift. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v9.09.0814.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX hardware acceleration on GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory and 32 processing cores.
* Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and OpenGL.
* Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Learn more here.