This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to either 196.21 WHQL drivers or to this 197.13 WHQL-candidate driver.
* Adds support for Next Generation ION.
* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 184.108.40.206 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
* Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft
* Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here.
* Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
GeForce 300 series:
GT 340, GT 330, GT 320
GeForce 200 series:
GTX 275, 205, GT 230, GTX 295, 210, GTX 280, GT 240, GT 220, GTX 260, GTS 240, G210, GTS 250, GTX 285
GeForce 100 series:
G 100, GT 140, GT 120, GT 130
GeForce 9 series:
9800 GTX/GTX+, 9400 GT, 9200, 9300, 9600 GSO, 9400, 9500 GT, 9800 GT, 9800 GX2, 9300 GE, 9300 GS, 9600 GS, 9600 GT, 9500 GS
GeForce 8 series:
8200, 8300 GS, 8800 GS, 8600 GS, 8400 SE, 8300, 8400, 8800 GTX, 8600 GT, 8800 Ultra, 8800 GTS 512, 8500 GT, 8400 GS, 8100 / nForce 720a, 8600 GTS, 8800 GT, 8800 GTS
GeForce 7 series:
7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7300 GS, 7600 GS, 7350 LE, 7950 GX2, 7600 GT, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7950 GT, 7900 GS, 7100 GS, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7300 LE, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7650 GS, 7800 SLI, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 7800 GTX, 7500 LE, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7900 GT/GTO, 7550 LE, 7800 GS, 7300 GT, 7600 LE, 7900 GTX
GeForce 6 series:
6200 LE, 6700 XL, 6800 GS, 6200 TurboCache, 6610 XL, 6800 XT, 6100 nForce 420, 6100 nForce 400, 6800 LE, 6500, 6800 GT, 6800, 6150 LE, 6150, 6200, 6600 VE, 6800 XE, 6800 GS/XT, 6150SE nForce 430, 6600 LE, 6250, 6600, 6600 GT, 6100, 6200 A-LE, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6200SE TurboCache, 6800 Ultra, 6100 nForce 405
ION, ION LE
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.