Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ Firmware 1.55
Note: Do NOT install this update on to a FreeAgent Theater+ purchased for use in/from the following Regions (only for FreeAgents bought in the US):
Europe (includes Russia)
Asia/Pacific Rim (Australia/New Zealand)
For EMEA go here:
for APAC go here:
1. Download and Extract the FAT+_Firm_US_1.55.zip file to your Windows system.
2. After extraction insert a USB memory stick on your PC and perform a quick format.
3. After format is complete drag and drop the install.img on to the root of the memory stick.
Note: Do not store the .img file in any folders on the memory stick, the FreeAgent Theater+ doesn’t search for the firmware in update files hidden in folders.
4. Remove any FreeAgent Go drives that are docked in the Theater, and insert the USB memory stick in to the front USB port of the Theater.
5. Power on your television and the FreeAgent Theater+.
6. From the Remote, press Menu > Settings. The Settings Menu opens.
Note: Press the Down Arrow 3 times and select Version Information. Document the current firmware version number on your FreeAgent Theater+.
7. Press the Right button 2 times. This opens the Firmware Update Menu.
8. Press the Down Arrow 1 time to select USB and press OK. Repeat this process a second time. At this point the Firmware update begins. This process may take awhile and requires no user intervention. When complete, the Seagate logo will move around the television screen as if it was a screen saver from a computer.
9. Use the Remote to power off the FreeAgent Theater+, disconnect the Flash Drive, reconnect any other external drives and you are finished.
WARNING: Do not apply this firmware update to an original FreeAgent Theater system. Return to the Seagate Download Center to obtain firmware for that product.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: