* You can now select [PC] as an option under [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device]. When you select this option, you will be able to use the remote play feature to operate your PS3 system from future models of the VAIO PC. Details of this feature will be announced on the official VAIO website at vaio.eu/playstation in May 2010.
* [Bitstream (Direct)] and [Bitstream (Mix)] have been added as options under [Video Settings] > [BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital)].
* 3D stereoscopic games are now supported. At the time of the system software release, there are no 3D stereoscopic games available for the PlayStation 3 system. The release of 3D stereoscopic games will be announced at a later date. If the TV in use supports 3D stereoscopic display, the screen from which you can set the TV size will be displayed when adjusting the video output settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the settings.
* You can now sort your trophies by the game title or by the date earned.
* Names of trophies that you have not yet earned are now displayed as [Hidden Trophy] instead of [???].
* This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
* The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PlayStation 3.
* Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
* Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
Update using a PC:
* PlayStation®3 system
* A wireless controller
* A USB cable
* A PC with Internet access
* Storage media (Memory Stick™, SD Memory Card, CompactFlash®)* or a USB Mass Storage device such as a USB flash drive
(At least 166 MB of free space required)
* An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
Update data download procedure
* Create a folder on the storage media in which to save the update data. Using a PC, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”.
* Download the update data and save it in the "UPDATE" folder created in step 1.
Be sure to save the update data as noted below. If the data is not saved in the correct way, the PS3™ system will not recognize the update data. The folder name must be in all uppercase letters.
* Location: Save in the “PS3” folder > “UPDATE” folder
* File name: Save as file name “PS3UPDAT.PUP”.
* Do not turn off the PS3™ system or remove the storage media or USB device during an update. If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.
* During an update, the power button on the system front and PS button of the controller are inactive.
* Insert the storage media or USB device that contains the update data in the PS3™ system.
* From the home menu, select (Settings) > (System Update), and then press the button.
* Select [Update via Storage Media], and then press the button.
The system automatically searches for and finds the update data saved on the storage media or USB device.
* Start the update.
Press the button to start the update. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
* Confirm that the update was successful.
After the update has been completed, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information].
If the [System Software] field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.
You can delete the update data from the storage media or USB device after the update has been successfully completed.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: