This is the first driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. Learn more about Release 256 drivers here .
* Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Learn more about the hardware and software requirements here .
* Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured with GeForce GTX 480. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
o Up to 14% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920x1200 noAA/AF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham Asylum (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF PhysX=High)
o Up to 5% in BattleForge (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Very High settings)
o Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 4% in Crysis: Warhead (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Enthusiast setting)
o Up to 24% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (1920x1200 no AA/AF)
o Up to 9% in Far Cry 2 (2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 25% in Just Cause 2 (2560x1600 no AA/AF - Concrete Jungle)
o Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (1920x1200 no AA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 40% in Metro 2033 with SLI ((1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 8% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920x1200 no AA/AF – Day)
o Up to 110% in Stone Giant with SLI (2650x1600 – Tessellation on, DoF on)
o Up to 6% in The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (2560x1600 no AA/AF)
o Up to 9% in Unigine: Tropics (2560x1600 no AA/AF – OpenGL)
o Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Performance and Extreme Presets)
o Up to 19% with Transparency AA (1920x1200 4xTrSS – measured in Crysis)
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.
* Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
* Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Adds support for new extreme Antialiasing modes for 3-way SLI PCs, including up to SLI48x AA for GeForce 200 series GPUs and up to SLI96x AA for GeForce GTX 400 series GPUs.
* Adds support for a new ‘Quality’ mode for NVIDIA’s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
* Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
* Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
* 3D Vision customers can download the v257.21 3D Vision drivers here.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
* Installs HD Audio driver version 18.104.22.168 (for supported GPUs).
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
GeForce 400 series:
GTX 465, GTX 470, GTX 480
GeForce 300 series:
310, GT 320, GT 330, 315, GT 340
GeForce 200 series:
210, GTX 285, GTS 240, GTX 280, GTX 275, GT 240, GTX 295, G210, GTS 250, 205, GT 220, GT 230, GTX 260
GeForce 100 series:
GT 140, GT 130, GT 120, G 100
GeForce 9 series:
9200, 9800 GX2, 9600 GSO, 9600 GT, 9600 GS, 9400, 9300, 9300 GE, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9500 GS, 9400 GT, 9100, 9800 GT, 9500 GT, 9300 GS
GeForce 8 series:
8100 / nForce 720a, 8800 GS, 8800 GTS, 8400, 8600 GT, 8600 GTS, 8600 GS, 8300, 8800 GTS 512, 8800 Ultra, 8200, 8800 GT, 8400 GS, 8800 GTX, 8200 / nForce 730a, 8300 GS, 8500 GT, 8400 SE
GeForce 7 series:
7100 GS, 7900 GT/GTO, 7800 GS, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7350 LE, 7300 GS, 7900 GTX, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7300 GT, 7650 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7800 SLI, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7600 LE, 7800 GTX, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 7600 GS, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7950 GT, 7300 LE, 7500 LE, 7950 GX2, 7900 GS, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7550 LE, 7600 GT
GeForce 6 series:
6150, 6100 nForce 405, 6600 VE, 6800 XE, 6100 nForce 420, 6150SE nForce 430, 6150 LE, 6800 GS, 6800 GS/XT, 6600 LE, 6200 A-LE, 6600 GT, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6800 XT, 6800 Ultra, 6800 LE, 6200 LE, 6800, 6700 XL, 6610 XL, 6200 TurboCache, 6500, 6600, 6200, 6250, 6200SE TurboCache, 6100, 6100 nForce 400, 6800 GT
ION LE, ION
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.