As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is a beta driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). Learn more about Release 256 drivers here.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and GTX 400M-series notebook GPUs.
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Version 258.69:
* Adds support for GeForce GTX 400M-series notebook GPUs
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
New in Release 256 Drivers
* Adds support for NVIDIA Optimus notebooks.
* Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Learn more about the hardware and software requirements here.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.
* Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Adds support for a new ‘Quality’ mode for NVIDIA’s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
* Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
* Installs HD Audio driver version 220.127.116.11 (for supported GPUs).
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 ( Open Computing Language).
* Supports OpenGL 3.3.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL.
This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some notebooks listed below:
GeForce 400M series:
GeForce 300M series:
GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GTS 250M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 310M, 305M
GeForce 200M series:
GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTX 260M, GT 220M
GeForce 100M series:
G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
GeForce 9 series:
9600 GT, 9400
GeForce 9M series:
9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS, 9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M, 9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
GeForce 8M series:
8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8200M G, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8400M G, 8700M GT, 8400M GS
Quadro FX Notebook series:
FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
Quadro NVS Notebook series:
NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS 140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
ION LE, ION
The following are not supported in this release:
- Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets.
- Sony VAIO notebooks. Sony VAIO Windows 7 users can click here for driver update support.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.