As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is a WHQL-certified driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). Learn more about Release 256 drivers here .
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and GTX 480M notebook GPUs.
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Version 258.96
* Adds support for GeForce GTX 480M notebook GPUs.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0224.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver version 22.214.171.124 (for supported GPUs).
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
New in Release 256 Drivers
* Adds support for NVIDIA Optimus notebooks.
* Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Learn more about the hardware and software requirements here .
* Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Adds support for a new ‘Quality’ mode for NVIDIA’s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
* Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-GPU configurations.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here .
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Photoshop CS5 .
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here .
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here .
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language).
* Supports OpenGL 3.3.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL.
This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some notebooks listed below:
GeForce 400M series: