This is a Beta release from the Release 260 family of drivers. This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
New GPU Support
* Adds support for the newly released GeForce GT 430 GPU.
* Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v258.96 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 480:
+ Up to 10% in StarCraft II (2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF Ultra)
+ Up to 14% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
+ Up to 16% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF)
+ Up to 6% in Aliens vs. Predator (SLI 1920x1200 noAA Tessellation on)
GeForce GTX 460:
+ Up to 19% in StarCraft II (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Ultra)
+ Up to 15% in Battlefield Bad Company 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF)
+ Up to 12% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (2560x1600 noAA)
+ Up to 9% in Aliens vs. Predator (1680x1050 4xAA/16xAF Tessellation on)
+ Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (1680x1050 noAA Tessellation on)
+ Up to 11% in Dirt 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF)
+ Up to 12% in Crysis:Warhead (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF Gamer)
+ Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 (2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF)
+ Up to 12% in H.A.W.X (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF SSAO Very High)
+ Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
+ Up to 22% in Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (1920x1200 noAA)
+ Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Extreme Preset)
* Adds support for playing back Blu-ray 3D discs when connecting your GPU to an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. Playback requires compatible software application from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Roxio, or Corel. For more information, NVIDIA Blu-ray 3D website.
* Adds lossless DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD audio bitstreaming support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce GTX 460 GPUs*.
* Adds high definition 24-bit, 96 and 192 KHz multi-channel audio sampling rate support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce GTX 400 Series ,GT 240, GT 220 and 210 GPUs*.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 22.214.171.124.
*Note: A Blu-ray movie player update may be required to enable these new features; check with your movie players software manufacturers for more details.These features are only supported on Windows 7.
* New driver installer with enhanced user interface and new Express and Custom installation options.
o Express fast and easy one-click installation
o Custom customized installation
+ Option to perform a clean installation (completely removes older drivers from your system prior to installing the new driver).
+ Option to choose which driver components (ie. PhysX or 3D Vision) to install.
o Improved installation time for multi-GPU PCs.
* Updated NVIDIA Surround setup wizard
o After first setup, wizard allows users to jump to any setup step.
o Improved display connection diagrams and tooltips.
o Improved UI for setup and arrangement of displays.
o Improved bezel correction setup experience.
o Adds help page to highlight which in-game resolution to select (e.g. how to pick bezel corrected resolutions)
o Option to dedicate an extra GPU to PhysX or to drive an additional display.
o Allows for portrait or landscape setup directly from the setup wizard.
* Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the 3D Vision Surround web page for a full list of supported games.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
* With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.
* Adds NVIDIA 3D Vision streaming support for Firefox 4 and Google Chrome web browsers.
* Adds support for Sonys 3D Sweep Panorama picture format added to NVIDIA 3D Photo Viewer (Sony digital cameras that can capture 3D Sweep Panorama pictures include NEX-5/NEX-3, Alpha a560/a580 and Cyber-shot DSC-WX5/DSC-TX9/DSC-T99 models).
* Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: BenQ X2410 and NEC F23W2A
* Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Sanyo PDG-DWL2500 and ViewSonic PJD6251
* Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
o Arcania: Gothic 4
o Fallout: New Vegas
o FIFA 11
o Formula 1 Racing
o Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark
o Guild Wars 2
o Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days
o Lead and Gold
o Lego Harry Potter
o Live For Speed
o Lost Planet 2
o Moonbase Alpha
o Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter
o Shrek Forever After
o Vitua Tennis 2009
o Virtua Tennis 3
* Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
o Drakensang: The Dark Eye updated in-game compatibility text
o Mafia II updated profile to properly for 3D Vision-Rating
o StarCraft II fixed profile to properly recognize the retail game executable name and match the 3D Vision rating of Good
o Super Commander fixed HUD elements
o TRINE new profiles fixes that allow the game to be rated 3D Vision-Ready when used with the TRINE patch v1.08, available via Steam.
* Adds or enhances SLI profiles for the following PC games:
o City of Heroes: Going Rogue
o Alien Swarm
o Dead Rising 2
o Front Mission Evolved
o Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
o LEGO: Harry Potter
* Adds support for OpenGL 4.1 for GeForce 400 series GPUs.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
* Improves compatibility for older PC games (DirectX 7 to DirectX 9) running on Windows 7 (examples: Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge).
* Adds drag and drop display arrangement support to the Set up multiple displays page.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
GeForce 400 series:
GTX 480, GTS 450, GTX 460, GTX 470, GT 430, GTX 465
GeForce 300 series:
315, GT 320, GT 330, GT 340, 310
GeForce 200 series:
205, GT 230, GTX 295, GTX 260, GTX 275, GT 220, 210, GTX 280, GTS 240, G210, GTX 285, GTS 250, GT 240
GeForce 100 series:
G 100, GT 130, GT 140, GT 120
GeForce 9 series:
9300 GE, 9300 GS, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9100, 9400 GT, 9500 GT, 9400, 9600 GSO, 9200, 9300, 9800 GX2, 9800 GT, 9500 GS, 9600 GT, 9600 GS
GeForce 8 series:
8300 GS, 8800 GS, 8500 GT, 8400 SE, 8600 GTS, 8800 GTS, 8600 GS, 8800 GTS 512, 8200, 8400 GS, 8800 GTX, 8800 GT, 8400, 8800 Ultra, 8200 / nForce 730a, 8100 / nForce 720a, 8600 GT, 8300
GeForce 7 series:
7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7800 GTX, 7900 GTX, 7900 GS, 7300 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7100 GS, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7800 SLI, 7950 GX2, 7600 LE, 7650 GS, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7550 LE, 7600 GS, 7950 GT, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 7900 GT/GTO, 7500 LE, 7600 GT, 7300 LE, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7350 LE, 7800 GS, 7300 GT
GeForce 6 series:
6200 A-LE, 6500, 6100 nForce 405, 6250, 6700 XL, 6800 GT, 6150 LE, 6800, 6200 LE, 6800 GS/XT, 6200 TurboCache, 6600, 6600 VE, 6150, 6600 GT, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6600 LE, 6800 XT, 6800 Ultra, 6100 nForce 420, 6100, 6610 XL, 6800 XE, 6800 LE, 6100 nForce 400, 6200, 6150SE nForce 430, 6200SE TurboCache, 6800 GS
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.