As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is a WHQL driver release from the Release 260 family of drivers.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and 400M notebook GPUs.
* Quadro 5000M
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Version 260.89
* New driver installer with enhanced user interface and new Express and Custom installation options.
o Express – one-click installation
o Custom – customized installation
+ Option to perform a clean installation (completely removes older drivers from your system prior to installing the new driver).
+ Option to choose which driver components (ie. PhysX or 3D Vision) to install.
o Improved installation time for multi-GPU PCs.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
* Improves compatibility for older PC games (DirectX 7 to DirectX 9) running on Windows 7 (examples: Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge).
* Adds drag and drop display arrangement support to the “Set up multiple displays” page.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language).
* Supports OpenGL 3.3.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
ION Notebook series:
ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
1. Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: