As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is a WHQL driver release from the Release 260 family of drivers.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and 400M notebook GPUs.
* Quadro 5000M
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Version 260.89
* New driver installer with enhanced user interface and new Express and Custom installation options.
o Express – one-click installation
o Custom – customized installation
+ Option to perform a clean installation (completely removes older drivers from your system prior to installing the new driver).
+ Option to choose which driver components (ie. PhysX or 3D Vision) to install.
o Improved installation time for multi-GPU PCs.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
* Improves compatibility for older PC games (DirectX 7 to DirectX 9) running on Windows 7 (examples: Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge).
* Adds drag and drop display arrangement support to the “Set up multiple displays” page.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language).
* Supports OpenGL 3.3.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
GeForce 400M series:
GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce GTX 460M, GeForce GT 445M, GeForce GT 435M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 420M, GeForce GT 415M,
GeForce 300M series:
GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GTS 250M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, 310M, 305M
GeForce 200M series:
GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTX 260M, GT 220M
GeForce 100M series:
G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
GeForce 9M series:
9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS, 9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M, 9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
GeForce 8M series:
8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8200M G, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8400M G, 8700M GT, 8400M GS
Quadro FX Notebook series:
5000M, FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
Quadro NVS Notebook series:
NVS 2100M, NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS 140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
ION Notebook series:
ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
1. Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.