As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the second WHQL release from the Release 260 family of drivers. You can read about the major new features and performance improvements in the Release 260 family of drivers here.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and 400M notebook GPUs.
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Release 260.99:
* Increases performance vs. v260.89 drivers in the following PC games: Civilization V (SLI), Fallout 3, and Final Fantasy XIV.
* Adds SLI profiles for the following PC games:
o Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
o Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
o Fallout: New Vegas
* Improves compatibility for Fallout 3: New Vegas with antialiasing enabled.
* Improves Alt-Tab compatibility for several PC games.
* Installs HD Audio driver to version 184.108.40.206.
* Includes PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8M-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 4.1 for GeForce 400M series GPUs.
This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some notebooks listed below:
GeForce 400M series:
GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce GTX 460M , GeForce GT 445M, GeForce GT 435M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 420M, GeForce GT 415M,
ION Notebook series:
ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
2. Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: