As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the first release from the Release 265 family of drivers (versions 265.xx to 269.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and 400M notebook GPUs.
* Quadro 5000M
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. the latest Release 260 drivers.
* Improves performance in Final Fantasy XI on GeForce 400 Series GPUs.
* Adds ambient occlusion support for one of the most popular games of the year: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Ambient occlusion improves the quality of lighting, shadows, and depth perception in many parts of the game. Learn more on GeForce.com.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
* Adds support for 3DVisionLive.com Beta 2:
o Adds supports for 3D photo sharing and viewing
o Adds new 3D video clips to the website
* Improved scaling quality with video streaming content from 3DVisionLive.com over previous 266.35 Beta driver
* Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: Acer GN245HQ, Acer HN274H, Hannstar HS233, I-O Data 3D231XBR, Lenovo L2363dwA, Planar SA2311W
* Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1261P, Sanyo PDG-DXL2000
* Adds support for new 3D Vision notebooks: Acer Aspire 5745DG, ASUS G53Jw, ASUS G73Jw.
* Adds support for new DLP HDTVs: Mitsubishi WD-83838, WD-83738, WD-73838, WD-73837, WD-73738, WD-73638, WD-73C10, WD-65838, WD-65738, WD-65638, WD-65C10, WD-60738, WD-60638, WD-60C10, L75-A91.
* Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
o Arcania: Gothic 4
o Crazy Racing Kart Rider 크레이지레이싱 카트라이더
o Crossfire 穿越火线
o DC Universe Online
o Dragon Nest
o Front Mission Evolved
o Guild Wars 2
o Hank Haney's World Golf
o Lineage 2
o Medal of Honor (2010) Multiplayer
o Medal of Honor (2010) Single Player
o Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
o NVIDIA Demo: Aliens vs. Triangles
o NVIDIA Demo Endless City
o PopKart 跑跑卡丁车
o QQ Dance QQ 炫舞
o QQ Xian Xia Zhuan QQ 仙侠传
o Tian Long Ba Bu 天龙八部
o TRON: Evolution
o Vizerra (fullscreen version)
o World Rally Championship 2010
o Xun Xian 寻仙
* Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
o Lost Planet 2 – rating is now changed to Fair
o Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2- rating has been changed to 3D Vision Ready
* Adds SLI profiles for the following PC games:
o Alien vs. Triangles Demo
o Endless City Demo
o Lionheart: Kings Crusade
o Moscow Racer: Legends of USSR
o Rift: Planes of Telara
o Shaun White Skateboarding
* Enhances SLI profiles for the following PC games:
o Age of Conan
o Arcania: Gothic 4
o Civilization V - DX11
o Lost Planet 2
o World Of Warcraft
* Installs HD Audio driver version 220.127.116.11
* Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some notebooks listed below:
GeForce 400M series:
GTX 480M, GTX 470M , GTX 460M , GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT 420M, GT 415M,
GeForce 300M series:
GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GTS 250M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 310M, 305M
GeForce 200M series:
GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTX 260M, GT 220M
GeForce 100M series:
G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
GeForce 9 series:
9600 GT, 9400
GeForce 9M series:
9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS, 9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M, 9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
GeForce 8M series:
8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8200M G, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8400M G, 8700M GT, 8400M GS
Quadro FX Notebook series:
5000M, FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
Quadro NVS Notebook series:
NVS 2100M, NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS 140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
ION Notebook series:
ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
2. Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.