With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed.
This driver is for the 3D Vision IR emitter, either the USB emitter or built-in
notebook emitter. If you are using 3D Vision, you need to install the GeForce
Release 265 graphics driver which now contains 3D Vision core driver features.
Please view this
knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.
Nvidia 3D Vision Release Highlights:
- Beta release of Release 265 3D Vision Controller Driver for use with
GeForce GTX 590 GPUs only.
- Remove all old GeForce graphics drivers and 3D Vision drivers.
- Download the Release 265 GeForce Driver and the 3D Vision Controller
- Install the Release 265 Graphics driver. You may be promoted to
uninstall older drivers first.
- After installation, you should see a message that says the Install has
finished and the GeForce Driver and 3D Vision Driver are now installed
- Install the 3D Vision Controller Driver
- Browse to the NVIDIA Control Panel > Set-up Stereoscopic 3D page and
click the button to Enable Stereoscopic 3D to start the 3D Vision Setup
Wizard to complete setup.
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
Minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista 32-bit/64-bit or Microsoft Windows 7
- Intel® Core™2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2 CPU or higher
- 1GB of system memory. (2GB is recommended)
- 100 MB free disk space
NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready displays devices
Please visit the
System Requirements website for a full list of supported displays and
NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
Please visit the
System Requirements website for a full list of supported GeForce desktop and
NVIDIA Quadro GPUs
For information on NVIDIA® Quadro® professional stereo support click
Supported Microsoft DirectX® Games
list of certified games
3D Picture Viewing
- View, edit and save 3D pictures with the 3D Vision Photo Viewer
(included with3D Vision driver). For more information, please consult the
- Supported 3D picture file formats
- JPS: Side/side JPEG files
- PNS: Side/side PNG files
- MPO: Multi picture object files, captured by the Fujifilm FinePix
REAL 3D W1 camera.
3D Movie Playback
- Supports 3D movie viewing using
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player (included free with NVIDIA 3D Vision
or download v1.6.2)
- 3dtv Stereoscopic Player
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player Overview
- General Features
- Supports Video for Windows (*.avi), MPEG-1 (*.mpg) and Windows
Media (*.wmv, *.asf) format
- Supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
- Supports separate left/right files
- Digital Rights Management (for stereoscopic Windows Media files
- Playback of any other format supported by third party DirectShow
- Windows Media 7.1 and 5.1 multichannel audio decoding
- Windows Media streaming
- 3D-DVD playback 1
- Live playback from capture devices (TV card, DV camcorder, ...)
- Built-in video library stores settings for each movie
- Retrieves data from stereoscopic metadata servers
- Import and export of stereoscopic metafiles
- Supported stereoscopic video layout
- Interlaced (Field-Sequential)
- Side by Side
- Multi-View (Tiled)
- SIS Attachment
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.