As part of the
Nvidia Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be
installed on supported Nvidia notebook GPUs. However, please note that your
notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for
your specific notebook on their website. Nvidia recommends that you check with
your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may
not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer
to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration.
Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell
Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this
Dell software update.
This is the third WHQL-certified release from the Release 275 family of
drivers (versions 275.xx to 279.xx). You can
read more about
this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver supports the following Nvidia notebook GPUs (please refer to the
Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- The Release 275 beta driver v275.27 can cause significant performance
drop in The Witcher 2. This issue has been resolved in v275.33 drivers.
Please read this
FAQ for more information on this issue.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in
several PC games vs. v270.61 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples
of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your
GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 4% in Crysis 2
- Up to 5% in Civilization V with SLI
- Up to 9% in Portal 2
- Up to 13% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
- Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
- GeForce GTX 560:
- Up to 6% in Crysis 2
- Up to 8% in Portal 2
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
- Up to 15% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
- Increases performance by up to 12% for dual-core CPUs in CPU-limited
- In Release 275, Nvidia Update adds automatic SLI, multi-GPU, and
antialiasing (AA) profile updates. These profile updates are automatically
downloaded from Nvidia and silently installed on your PC, keeping it
up-to-the-minute with the latest game profiles. When you install a Release
270 or later GeForce driver from www.Nvidia.com, you will be presented with
the option to install Nvidia Update.
Click here to learn more about
- New Nvidia Control Panel user interface for configuring desktop scaling,
including new preview window.
- Now consistently available for all displays (including VGA and HDMI
- New scaling override option for Windows 7 gaming.
- Improved desktop resizing user interface that guides the user to disable
overscanning using their HDTV controls and also provides a fallback option
to enable desktop resizing via the Nvidia Control panel.
- Nvidia desktop resizing now creates a custom, resized resolution with
1:1 pixel mapping and resizes standard resolutions for games that don’t
support custom resolutions.
Nvidia 3D Vision
- Nvidia with Release 275 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now
included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes
v275.33 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install
a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information,
view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- 3D Vision Window Mode support. Please
view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- Added support for 3D Vision Photo viewer to now work in Window Mode.
When you have opened a 3D picture file check the “View” section for this new
- Improved 3D Vision IR emitter and 3D Vision glasses synchronization
- Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: NEC NP-V300X series
- Adds support for new 3D Vision notebooks: Alienware M17x R3, Dell XPS
L702x, ASUS VX7-3DE, ASUS G53SW-3DE, ASUS G53SX-3DE, ASUS G74SX-3DE
- Adds support for new 3DTV Play notebooks: ASUS VX7, ASUS G53SW, ASUS
G53SX, ASUS N73SW, and Dell XPS 15z
- Added the following
- Age of Empires Online
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Battlefield Play4Free
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Dungeon Siege III
- Portal 2
- Super Street Fighter IV
- World of Tanks
- Update the following
- Portal 2 – fixed water reflection problem and updated convergence
setting to provide a better user experience
- The Witcher 2 – Improved 3D Vision compatibility for all in-game
- Installs HD Audio driver version 18.104.22.168
- Installs PhysX
System Software to version 9.10.0514
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash
10.1. Learn more
- Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software,
vReveal, which adds support for HD output. Nvidia customers can download a
free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output
DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open
Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and
download the International driver
This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some
notebooks listed below:
GeForce 500M series:
- GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M,
GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M
GeForce 400M series:
- GTX 485M, GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M , GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT
420M, GT 415M, 410M
GeForce 300M series:
- GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 320M, 315M,
GeForce 200M series:
- GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTS 250M, GTX 260M, GT
GeForce 100M series:
- G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
GeForce 9 series:
GeForce 9M series:
- 9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS,
9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M,
9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
GeForce 8M series:
- 8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8700M GT,
8400M GS, 8400M G, 8200M G, 8200M
Quadro FX Notebook series:
- 5010M, 5000M, 4000M, 3000M, 2000M, 1000M, FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M,
FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M,
FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
Quadro NVS Notebook series:
- NVS 4200M, NVS 2100M, NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS
140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
ION Notebook series:
- ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
- Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not
supported by this release.
- The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with
NVIDIA GeForce 310M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M and NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M.
Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact
Sony for driver support).
- Fujitsu notebooks are not supported by this release (Fujitsu Siemens
notebooks are supported).
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.