Nvidia GeForce Graphics Driver 304.79 Beta for Windows XP 32-bit
Essential for gamers playing Funcom’s much-anticipated MMORPG, The Secret World, the GeForce 304.79 beta drivers introduce TXAA anti-aliasing functionality, pending a game update, and add a SLI profile for multi-GPU users. We’ve also included a number of new SLI profiles for other titles, and have resolved several issues reported by users of the GeForce 304.48 beta drivers, released June 18th.
Furthermore, the GeForce 304.79 beta drivers are our first unified R304 drivers, with full notebook and desktop Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 support.
At the launch of the GeForce GTX 680, our flagship GPU, we also announced NVIDIA TXAA Anti-Aliasing, a new anti-aliasing technique offering higher levels of fidelity than MSAA and FXAA. Exclusive to GeForce GTX 600-Series GPUs, this anti-aliasing technique not only reduces the level of aliased stepping on edges and lines far beyond that of MSAA, but also reduces temporal aliasing to a significant degree. More commonly known as shimmering, temporal aliasing is typically seen on chain-link fences and other surfaces when the player’s camera moves, and with this addition TXAA approaches the level of fidelity seen to date only in big-budget CG movies.
The first title to support TXAA is Funcom’s The Secret World, the most graphically advanced MMO to date. Following an upcoming game update, all GeForce GTX 600-Series users who have the new GeForce 304.79 beta drivers installed will be able to take immediate advantage of the fidelity-enhancing anti-aliasing technique to make Funcom’s fantastic-looking MMORPG look even better.
An in-depth look at The Secret World’s TXAA anti-aliasing will be posted as the feature goes live in-game, so stay tuned to GeForce.com. In the meantime, check out our exclusive launch-day interview with two of the game's lead developers to learn more about the game and to see what the future holds for the anticipated MMO.
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series
GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42 WHQL-certified drivers. Results
will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
- GeForce GTX 560:
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
- GeForce GTX 680:
- NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- The Secret World - added
- End of Nations - added
- Nexuiz - added
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - added
- Tornado Force - added
- Tribes: Ascend - updated
- Spec Ops: The Line - added
- PlanetSide 2 - added
- F1 2011 – updated profile
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated profile
- Saints Row: The Third – updated profile
- Torchlight II - added
- Tribes: Ascend - added
- Other Profile Updates
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- NVIDIA CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Key Fixes
- Fixes an issue where some manufacturer's factory overclocked cards default to and run at lower clocks.
- Additional Details
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v184.108.40.206.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and
- *Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: GeForce GTX 600 series SLI, Quad SLI technology, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.
- GeForce 600 series
- GTX 680, GTX 670, GT 645, GT 640, GT 630, GT 620, GT 610, 605
- GeForce 500 series
- GTX 590, GTX 580, GTX 570, GTX 560 Ti, GTX 560 SE, GTX 560, GTX 555, GTX 550 Ti, GT 545, GT 530, GT 520, 510
- GeForce 400 series
- GTX 480, GTX 470, GTX 465, GTX 460 v2, GTX 460 SE v2, GTX 460 SE, GTX 460, GTS 450, GT 440, GT 430, GT 420, 405
- GeForce 300 series
- GT 340, GT 330, GT 320, 315, 310
- GeForce 200 series
- GTX 295, GTX 285, GTX 280, GTX 275, GTX 260, GTS 250, GTS 240, GT 240, GT 230, GT 220, G210, 210, 205
- GeForce 100 series
- GT 140, GT 130, GT 120, G 100
- GeForce 9 series
- 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX/GTX+, 9800 GT, 9600 GT, 9600 GSO, 9600 GS, 9500 GT, 9500 GS, 9400 GT, 9400, 9300 GS, 9300 GE, 9300, 9200, 9100
- GeForce 8 series
- 8800 Ultra, 8800 GTX, 8800 GTS 512, 8800 GTS, 8800 GT, 8800 GS, 8600 GTS, 8600 GT, 8600 GS, 8500 GT, 8400 SE, 8400 GS, 8400, 8300 GS, 8300, 8200 / nForce 730a, 8200, 8100 / nForce 720a
- GeForce 7 series
- 7950 GX2, 7950 GT, 7900 GTX, 7900 GT/GTO, 7900 GS, 7800 SLI, 7800 GTX, 7800 GT, 7800 GS, 7650 GS, 7600 LE, 7600 GT, 7600 GS, 7550 LE, 7500 LE, 7350 LE, 7300 SE / 7200 GS, 7300 LE, 7300 GT, 7300 GS, 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7100 GS, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
- GeForce 6 series
- 6800 XT, 6800 XE, 6800 Ultra, 6800 Series GPU, 6800 LE, 6800 GT, 6800 GS/XT, 6800 GS, 6800, 6700 XL, 6610 XL, 6600 VE, 6600 LE, 6600 GT, 6600, 6500, 6250, 6200 TurboCache, 6200SE TurboCache, 6200 LE, 6200 A-LE, 6200, 6150SE nForce 430, 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S, 6150 LE, 6150, 6100 nForce 420, 6100 nForce 405, 6100 nForce 400, 6100
- ION series
- ION LE, ION
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: