HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.13.5
HPLIP (Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging & Printing) is an HP-developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux. The HPLIP project provides printing support for 2,178 printer models, including Deskjet, Officejet, Photosmart, PSC (Print Scan Copy), Business Inkjet, LaserJet, Edgeline MFP, and LaserJet MFP. (Note: Not all models are currently supported. See Supported Printers for more information.)
HPLIP is free, open source software distributed under the MIT, BSD, and GPL license. See the Licensing Information page for more information.
HP does not provide formal consumer or commercial support for this software. Support is provided informally through a series of resources at Launchpad.net website, and on this HP sponsored website.
On this HPLIP website you will find FAQ's, open discussion email lists, installation instructions, product support (including list of printers supported AND unsupported) as well as other support documentation. If you need hardware support or additional assistance with non-Linux operating systems (such as Microsoft Windows) go to the main HP Support site.
- Significant Changes:
- RHEL5 supported with hpcups
- Added Support for the Following New Printers:
- HP LaserJet Pro 500 color MFP M570dw
- HP LaserJet Pro 500 color MFP M570dn
- HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M525
- HP LaserJet Enterprise color flow MFP M575
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712n
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712dn
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712xh
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 color MFP M775dn
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 color MFP M775f
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 color MFP M775z
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 color MFP M775z+
- Added support for the following new Distro's:
- LinuxMint 14
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Debian 6.0.6
- Launchpad fixes:
- 1131596 - Not able to install HP 3.13.2 plugin
- 1130272 - hplip-3.13.2 installation stalls
- 1099853 - Fix use of PIL(Python Imaging Library) to support Pillow
- Issues fixed:
- "Device Manager" window disappears after entering wrong password in authentication window three times.
- Traceback message appears in terminal when pressed "Ctrl+C" button on the keyboard while configuring the device through 'hp-setup'
- Detailed Change Log:
- Job storage support with postscript finishing filter
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: