Western Digital WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (Gen 3) Firmware 1.12.14
- Supports Windows 8.
- Supports JSTV (Europe only.)
- Supports Hauppauge in select countries. WinTV tuner required. Compatible tuner listed in Knowledge Base Article 5688.
- Supports Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500.
- Updated media library scanning performance for USB HDD.
- Resolved message “Unable to connect to the selected source” when accessing a NAS that was previously playing a video.
- Resolved issue pressing power button for more than 3 seconds breaks CEC.
- Resolved system freezes in network setup with NFS share added to the My Media Library.
- Resolved skip to desired time is not available for certain video containers.
- Resolved CinemaNow issue NAS share loses connection after standby and resume.
- Resolved BILD.de: Headlines on Start page are rendering incorrectly.
- Resolved get content info for TV shows does not include backdrop images.
- Resolved hiding Slingplayer in Parental Controls also hides Flingo Launchpad.
- Resolved Accuweather only displays the weekend forecast when language is set to English.
- Resolved playing AVI video files from PC share drops sound when played wirelessly.
- Resolved VOB video files with DTS audio will not play sound when audio is set to Stereo.
- Resolved playback issue DTS 96 Khz/24 bits audio will not play with audio settings set to "Digital Pass-Through via HDMI only".
- Resolved several translation and user interface issues.
- Resolved no audio output if MPG video contains PCM audio codec.
- Resolved missing Repeat One icon in UI in music and video options menu.
- Resolved theme issue video_run.xml replaced by video_run_buf.xml.
How to Install the Product Update:
Installing the new firmware on your WD TV Live is simple. Just connect your WD TV Live to an Internet connection and the WD TV Live will automatically check and notify you a new firmware is available for update at the Home menu. Confirm the action and your WD TV Live will be automatically updated.
If Internet connection is not available, you can download the firmware file and follow the steps below to update:
- Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live HD media player.
- Extract the four files (.bin, .ver, .fff, and .info files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player's USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
- Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live HD Media Player will restart again.
- Once the HD WD TV Live Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded and the WD TV Live HD Media Player is ready for use.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.