Important! The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool helps you
determine your notebook’s compatibility with generic AMD Catalyst Mobility
drivers. It helps to prevent incorrect installation on incompatible notebooks
which may lead to disabled features or functionality.
If you experience difficulty while using the generic AMD Catalyst Mobility
drivers, we recommend reverting to the driver provided by your notebook vendor.
Please contact your notebook vendor for their most recent graphics drivers.
The following notebooks are not compatible with this tool:
- Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics
- Toshiba® notebooks
- Sony® VAIO® notebooks
- Panasonic® notebooks
Caution! The AMD Catalyst Control Center/AMD Vision Engine Control
Center requires that the Microsoft® .NET Framework SP1 be installed for Windows
XP and Windows Vista. Without .NET SP1 installed, the AMD Catalyst Control
Center/AMD Vision Engine Control Center will not launch properly and the user
will see an error message.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst driver for Windows operating system,
the user must be logged on as Administrator or have Administrator rights to
complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst driver.
- The Catalyst driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- These release notes provide information on the AMD display driver only.
For information on the ATI Multimedia Center™, HydraVision, HydraVision
Basic Edition, Remote Wonder™, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer
to their respective release notes found at:
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high
display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics “horsepower”
required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase
dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may
notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in
multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
- Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD
Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded
independently through the AMD website.
AMD Product Compatibility
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Mobility Product Families
- AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with
limited support forsystem vendor specific features. When used with
Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or
- The Installation Verification Software is designed to prevent driver
download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the
installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality
provided by the system manufacturer.When used with Windows Vista or
Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised. In such a
situation, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by
your systemvendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system
vendor for the most recentdrivers for your notebook.
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:
- AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 6900M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
- AMD Mobility RadeonHD 6800M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4100 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6300M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 3800 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6300 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 3600 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6200 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 3200 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5700 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 3100 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5600 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 2700 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 2600 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5100 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 2400 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4800 Series
- AMD PowerXpress™ enabled notebooks
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4600 Series using AMD chipsets
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series
- Any notebook launched after this driver release
- Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks
- Toshiba notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver
support for these notebooks)
- Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver
support for these notebooks
- Panasonic notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver
support for these notebooks)
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst software suite is designed to support
the following Microsoft®Windows® platforms:
- Windows 7 32-bit version
- Windows 7 64-bit version
- Windows Vista 32-bit version
- Windows Vista 64-bit version
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.