The VIA VL800 is a single chip USB 3.0 Host controller, which enables a PCI Express equipped platform to interface with USB Super-Speed (5 Gbps), High-Speed (480 Mbps), Full-Speed (12 Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5 Mbps) devices. The root hub consists of four downstream facing ports enabling the simultaneous operation of multiple peripheral devices.
The VIA VL800 complies with the Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification and Intel’s eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI), and is fully backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 specifications, ensuring seamless connectivity of legacy USB devices. The VIA VL800 has a PCI Express 2.0 x1 interface that is backwards compatible with PCI Express 1.0 and is perfectly suited for both PC Host and Add-In Card applications.
- Compliant to Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification Revision 1.0
- Compliant to Universal Serial Bus 2.0 Specification
- Compliant to eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) Specification Revision 0.96
- Support Legacy USB Function
- In-house USB PHY employs advanced CMOS process to reduce power consumption
- Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification 2.0
- Support Battery Charging Specification
- Firmware upgrade options include integrated firmware in system BIOS
- Initial Driver Support for Windows 7, Vista, and XP
- USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP)
- Support various Linux kernels
- Desktop / Notebook motherboard on-board controller
- Server motherboard on-board controller
- Docking system
- PCI Express / PCI Card Adapter
- Based on V2.10A and replaces the UASP client driver.
- Replaces UASP AP with revision 188.8.131.52.
- Adds workaround in setup program for following two items:
- Disables performance enhancement for solving CPU utilization too high issue.
- Works around UASP client driver cat files for separate OS issue.