Home › Drivers › Other Devices
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi Firmware iOS Update 7.0.4
Nothing weíve ever created has been designed just to look beautiful. Thatís approaching the opportunity from the wrong end. Instead, as we reconsidered iOS, our purpose was to create an experience that was simpler, more useful, and more enjoyable ó while building on the things people love about iOS. Ultimately, redesigning the way it works led us to redesign the way it looks. Because good design is design thatís in service of the experience.
Simplicity is often equated with minimalism. Yet true simplicity is so much more than just the absence of clutter or the removal of decoration. Itís about offering up the right things, in the right place, right when you need them. Itís about bringing order to complexity. And itís about making something that always seems to ďjust work.Ē When you pick something up for the first time and already know how to do the things you want to do, thatís simplicity.
iOS 7 introduces great new features like Control Center, AirDrop for iOS, and smarter multitasking. It also makes the things you do every day even easier, faster, and more enjoyable. And while many of the apps look different, the way you do things feels perfectly familiar. So from day one, you know how to use the worldís most advanced mobile OS. In its most advanced form.
Control Center gives you quick access to the controls and apps you always seem to need right this second. Just swipe up from any screen ó including the Lock screen ó to do things like switch to Airplane mode, turn Wi-Fi on or off, or adjust the brightness of your display. You can even shine a light on things with a new flashlight. Never has one swipe given you so much control.
Multitasking has always been a smart way to switch between apps. Now itís even smarter. Because iOS 7 learns when you like to use your apps and can update your content before you launch them. So if you tend to check your favorite social app at 9:00 a.m. every day, your feed will be ready and waiting for you. Thatís multitasking in iOS 7. It knows what you want to do before you do.
Camera in iOS 7 puts all your shooting formats ó still, video, panorama, and now square ó front and center. With a swipe, you can capture what you want the way you want.2 Fast. And new filters let you do even more with each image. Give it a retro feel. Dial up the contrast. Or go black and white. Artistic license is all yours.
Photos.Now there are faster, easier, and more delightful ways to scroll down memory lane. Introducing Years, Collections, and Moments ó smart groupings of your photos and videos based on time and place. Tap Years and all your shots fill the screen. Each year holds Collections, like your trip to San Francisco. And in that Collection are distinct Moments ó photos from Union Square, videos from AT&T Park. So you can find a shot from whenever, wherever, in no time.
AirDrop. Drop everything.
Sending a photo or a document to someone via text or email is fine. But if that someone is right next to you, a text or an email suddenly feels like too many steps. Enter AirDrop for iOS. It lets you quickly and easily share photos, videos, contacts ó and anything else from any app with a Share button. Just tap Share, then select the person you want to share with. AirDrop does the rest using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. No setup required. And transfers are encrypted, so what you share is highly secure.
Browsing is bigger, better, and more beautiful with Safari in iOS 7. Buttons and bars ó like the unified smart search field ó stay hidden until you scroll to reveal them.6 So you see more content than ever on your screen. And with a swipe, you can go back or forward a page. Itís all designed so nothing gets in your way or slows you down.
Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, and Safari automatically suggests the closest match to what youíre looking for. So you find the right web page fast.
iTunes Radio. Hear where your music takes you.
iTunes Radio features streaming radio stations youíll love from day one ó from the best selection of music. The more you listen, the more personalized it becomes. And itís available on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, and Apple TV for free. Itís radio re-imagined.
Siri. You're going to like what you hear.
Siri in iOS 7 gets a new look, a new sound, and new capabilities. It features a redesigned interface that fades into view ó on top of whateverís on your screen. A clearer, more natural-sounding female or male voice makes Siri even easier to understand. Itís faster at answering questions and it checks more sources, such as Bing, Wikipedia, and Twitter. And Siri takes on extra tasks, like returning calls, playing voicemail, controlling iTunes Radio, and more.
App Store. Find the right app.
Apps Near Me ó a new feature of the App Store in iOS 7 ó shows you a collection of popular apps relevant to your current location. And the new Kids category lets you browse and buy the best apps for children based on age. iOS 7 also keeps your apps up to date automatically, so you donít have to bother. Another bonus of automatic updates: no more little red badge begging for your attention.
- New design
- Redesigned interface updates the entire system and every built-in app
- Subtle motion and animation; layers and translucency provide depth
- Elegant new color palette and refined typography
- Updated system sounds and ringtones
- Control Center
- Quick access to commonly used controls and apps with a swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- Turn on & off Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb; adjust screen brightness; access media controls; turn on AirPlay and AirDrop
- Quickly access flashlight, timer, calculator, camera and music controls
- Notification Center improvements
- New Today view gives you an overview of your day, including weather, calendar, and stocks
- Notifications dismissed on one device dismisses across all your devices
- Multitasking improvements
- Preview screens of open apps when you switch between them
- Permits any app to keep content up to date in the background
- Camera improvements
- Swipe through different camera modes Ė video, still photo, square aspect, and panorama
- Real-time photo filters with iPhone 4S or later, and iPod touch (5th generation)
- Photos improvements
- Automatically organizes your photos and videos based on time and location into Moments
- iCloud Photo Sharing supports multiple contributors and videos, plus a new Activity view
- Add photo filter effects
- Flickr and Vimeo support
- Quickly and easily share content with people nearby
- Securely encrypted transfers with no network or setup required
- Supported on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account
- Safari improvements
- New iPhone tab view that lets you easily switch between open web pages
- Unified smart search field for both search terms and web addresses
- Shared Links shows web pages shared by people you follow on Twitter
- iTunes Radio
- Streaming radio service
- Pick from over 250 featured and genre-focused stations
- Start your own station from your favorite artist or song
- Siri improvements
- New, more natural sounding male and female voices for US English, French and German
- Integrated Wikipedia, Twitter search, and Bing web search results
- Change settings including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and brightness
- Supported on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation)
- App Store improvements
- See apps relevant to your current location with Popular Near Me
- Discover age-appropriate apps in the Kids category
- Keep your apps up to date automatically
- Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- Turning off Find My iPhone, erasing your device, reactivation, and signing out of iCloud requires your Apple ID password
- A custom message can be displayed on your device even after a remote erase
- iTunes Store improvements
- Preview and buy songs you've heard on iTunes Radio while inside the iTunes Store
- Add to, and shop from, your iTunes Wish List
- Scan code with camera to redeem iTunes Gift Cards
- Music improvements
- Play music purchases from iCloud
- Rotate your iPhone or iPod touch to browse your music with the Album Wall
- Videos improvements
- Play movie and TV show purchases from iCloud
- View similar movies and TV shows from Related
- Maps improvements
- Turn-by-turn walking directions
- Automatic night mode
- Bookmarks shared across devices via iCloud
- Mail improvements
- New Smart Mailboxes, including Unread, Attachments, All Drafts and To or CC
- Improved search
- View PDF annotations
- FaceTime audio calling
- Block unwanted Phone, Messages and FaceTime callers
- Support for sending long MMS messages
- Pull down on any Home Screen to reveal Spotlight search
- Scan to acquire Passbook passes
- New ringtones, alarms, alerts and system sounds
- Definitions of a selected word for additional languages: Italian, Korean, and Dutch
- Inclinometer in the Compass app
- Wi-Fi HotSpot 2.0 support
- Accessibility features
- Individuals with limited physical motor skills can now control their device using Switch Control
- Customize closed caption style
- Handwriting input support in VoiceOver
- Math input support using Nemeth Braille in VoiceOver
- Select from multiple premium voices for speak selection and VoiceOver
- Support for Made for iPhone Hearing Aids and stereo audio for iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation)
- Enterprise features
- Manage which apps and accounts are used to open documents and attachments
- Per App VPN
- App Store license management
- Enterprise single sign-on
- Remote configuration of managed apps
- Automatic data protection for third-party apps
- Exchange Notes syncing
- Install custom fonts
- New management queries and restrictions
- Education features
- Mobile device management for Apple TV
- Request AirPlay Mirroring from a student device to Apple TV
- Pre-configure AirPlay destinations and AirPrint printers
- Streamlined MDM enrollment
- Ability to restrict changes to accounts
- Web content filtering
- Authorized apps can initiate single app mode
- Configure accessibility settings for single app mode
- Features for China
- Tencent Weibo integration
- Chinese-English bilingual dictionary
- Improved handwriting input with improved accuracy, stroke order independence and support for simultaneous multiple character input
- Bug fixes
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.