Home › Drivers › Networking
TP-Link TL-WR740N Router V2 Firmware 10.09.10
The TL-WR740N is a combined wired/wireless network connection device integrated with internet-sharing router and 4-port switch. The wireless N Router is 802.11b&g compatible based on 802.11n technology and gives you 802.11n performance up to 150Mbps at an even more affordable price. Bordering on 11n and surpassing 11g speed enables high bandwidth consuming applications like video streaming to be more fluid. You can enjoy a high quality experience when video streaming, VoIP, or online gaming wirelessly, with traditional g products was never very practical, from anywhere in your entire home.
Exceptional Wireless Performance with Affordable Price
TP-LINK TL-WR740N is a high speed solution that compatibles with IEEE 802.11b/g/n. Based on N technology, TL-W740N gives you 802.11n performance up to 150 Mbps at an even more affordable price, 9X the speed and 4x the range of traditional 11g products.
CCA Technology - Stable Wireless Signals
Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) automatically avoids channel conflicts using its clear channel selection feature and fully realizes the advantages of channel binding, greatly enhanced the wireless performance.
QSS Button - Quick Setup Security (WPS Compatible)
Compatible with WI-FI Protected Setupô (WPS), TL-WR740N features Quick Security Setup that allows users to almost instantly setup their security simply by pressing the "QSS" button automatically establishing a WPA2 secure connection, which is more secure compared with WEP encryptions. Not only is this faster than normal security setups but more convenient in that you don't need to remember a password!
- 150Mbps wireless data rates ideal for video streaming, online gaming and internet calling
- Wireless security encryption easily at a push of QSS button
- IP based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each PC
- WDS wireless bridge provides seamless bridging to expand your wireless network
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty.
- Do NOT turn off the power during upgrade.
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware through wireless connection unless the device only has wireless connection;
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before upgrade.
- Improve PPTP/L2TP performance.
- Improve wireless performance and stability.
- Add IGMP support.
- Add RTSP pass through.
- Add support to DHCP Option 249.
- Some web page display modifications.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: