Seagate Slim Firmware Update 1.0.1 for Mac
A free and easy-to-use installer designed to update the firmware on your Seagate Slim USB 3.0 and Seagate Backup Plus hard drives. Seagate Slim for Mac Firmware Update is a free software installer that will update the firmware on Seagate Backup Plus and Seagate Slim USB 3.0 hard drives.
Note that before you proceed with the firmware update process, makes sure to backup all your data. Also, be sure to save all your work and opened documents after the installation, since it requires a reboot.
- Seagate Backup Plus
- Seagate Slim USB 3.0
- Download the DMG file from the Seagate Download Finder to a location on your computer that you will remember. Please note that software will only be available if there is an update for your product.
- Unplug any external drives that are connected to the computer.
- Double-click the Seagate Firmware Updater.DMG file to begin. A new window opens, with two options inside.
- Double-click the Seagate Firmware Updater.PKG file to start the installation.
- Follow the install wizard to install the software. Once the installation completes, a window displays and requests that you connect a compatible Seagate device.
- Double-click the Seagate Firmware updater(.app).
- Plug in your Seagate Slim for Mac drive.
- After a few seconds, the drive should be detected.
- If the drive is up to date, you will see green check marks (skip to step 11).
- If an update is available, an Update Firmware button will display.
- Click the Update Firmware button.
- Click the Confirmation button.
- The update will proceed. It will take a few minutes.
- Do not power off, reboot, or move your computer, nor disconnect your drive, during the update.
- Once complete, a message displays to inform you that you may disconnect the drive.
- After the update completes, unplug the drive.
- Exit the app by clicking the red X in the upper left corner.
- At the Do you want to uninstall Seagate Firmware Updater? prompt, click Yes.
- Follow the steps in the uninstall wizard, including a reboot at the end.
- After the reboot, your firmware will be updated.
- You can now delete the Seagate Firmware Updater.DMG file that you downloaded.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: