Intel Rapid Storage Technology RST RAID Driver 220.127.116.116 64-bit
This driver supports RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10. The driver should be installed after the operating system has been installed. F6 and RAID BIOS configurations need to be performed prior to installation of this driver for proper operation.
- Known Issue is defined as a potential RST issue that has been replicated internally by the Rapid Storage Technology team but has not been root caused to be an RST defect.
- The RAID OROM & UEFI version for this release is 18.104.22.1686, the driver and user interface version is 22.214.171.1246.
- RST 12.8 release enables support for Microsoft Windows 8.1 Operating system.
- Support for 16GB minimum cache requirement for SRT “Dual Drive SSD cache” will not be enabled in the RST 12.8 release and is targeted for RST 13.0 release.
- For customers shipping with SSHD PUIS hybrid hinting enabled and Smart Connect Technology they must use iSCT agent 4.1.2308 or 4.2.2309 or later.
- With SSHD +Smart connect Agent there are cases where the driver may be
busy when the agent request the timer be extended which might result in a
disk spinup. To work around this scenario and get the iSCT and SSHD
functionality, it is advisable to set AoacTimeout to 60 sec where the
current default value is 10 sec.
- Registry details: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorA\Parameters\Device] “AoacTimeout” "=dword (0x3c (h) or 60 (d)).
- Depending on the SSHD vendor, customers utilizing SSHD + Smart Connect Agent may encounter more than expected SSHD spin-ups. Good spin suppression has been measured on at least one vendor’s SSHD when AOAC Timeout is set to 60 seconds. RST and Smart Connect Agent teams working with SSHD vendors on root causing the issue.
- RST driver disables LPM (HIPM/DIPM) when system enters S4
- Bad status bytes when sending ATA Smart Command Transport (SCT) commands
- BSOD 0x7A occurred when run WinPMT Hibernation Focus.
- Zpodd: Start Stop Unit command fails when drive is asleep
- C5 BSOD when shut down the system from start menu.
- Known Issues:
- BLA cannot detect storage device with RST Driver version -CSMI
- Option to keep data present on certain fully partitioned disks in GPT format scheme when should not be
- WHQL: DF - Sleep With IO During (Certification) failure in RST 12.8 (NOT BLOCKING)
- UI: Format issue with Server 2012 string in System Requirements help page.
- SSHD accelerated in max mode with iSCT loaded onto system causes system to hang when trying to restart or go into S4
- UI sporadically crashes during volume delete operations
- UI: Help Icon present on Status page when it should not be present with only 1 SSHD (OS) attached to the system.
- BSOD "Driver Power State Failure" when accelerated HDDpw volume is locked upon wake up from S4
- Invoking "Create Additional Volume" page yields an unknown error
- System hung on a Black screen or reboot when resuming from S1-S3 (S3 after S1)
- UI Help - Getting Started Page - Incorrect Grammar
- UI: Day field in Verify and Repair Scheduler doesn't set the Next Scheduled Run correctly
- UI: Disk Events Help Page has incorrect images
- Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller
- Intel(R) 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller
- Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller
- Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI/RAID Controller
- Intel(R) X79 Express Chipset
- Intel(R) vPro
- Intel(R) Celeron
- Intel(R) Pentium
- Intel(R) Core™ i3, i5, or i7
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor family
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.