Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Series Driver 2.18.0017 for Windows 7/Vista/XP
This download is a driver providing Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of the release note.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
- Sound Blaster Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX, and Value series
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series
- Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy 4
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA
Resolves the following issues:
- Audio device driver files are not removed completely when uninstalling from Windows Device Manager.
- Sound Blaster Audigy audio device does not appear in the Encoder tab of Audio Control Panel.
- Unable to run 64-bit version of ASIO software.
- Device error caused by enabling audio enhancements.
- Incorrect speaker configuration shown in Audio Control Panel.
- System unable to shut down when Dolby® Digital Live is enabled in Windows 7.
- Passthrough of Dolby/DTS® audio does not work with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7.
- Speaker settings in Audio Control Panel are not in sync with Microsoft Speaker Setup in Windows 7 64-bit.
- System becomes unstable when uninstalling the audio device driver in Windows 7 64-bit.
- Driver decoding of Dolby/DTS audio does not work with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7. As a workaround, use a 3rd party software media player to playback DVDs.
- Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this download on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Click here to download the latest applications that are available for your product.
- Users are advised to use Audio Console included in this download to change speaker configurations.
- Gameport is not supported in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- 6.1 speaker mode is not supported by Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
- Sound Blaster Audigy audio devices listed above
DO NOT install this driver for Sound Blaster Audigy LS, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, or Sound Blaster Audigy Value.
- Download the SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017.exe file onto your local hard disk.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: