ADSL2/2+ Ethernet Modem Router with 4-Port Switch TD-8840T is a 2-in-1 device that combines the functions of a DSL modem and 4-port 10/100Mbps Ethernet router, brings you high-speed Internet connectivity to a home or small office. With our TD-8840T, you can easily create a wired network to share your high-speed Internet connection, documents, photos, music with up to four computers or devices.
Easy Setup and Use
The device comes with a CD with an Easy Setup Assistant that helps you step by step to configure your Internet connection. This feature allows even novice users to setup the router products without sacrificing any key features, just play the AUTO-RUN CD bundled to have your network set up quickly & hassle-free.
The TP-LINK TD-8840T is a 2-in-1 device that combines the function of a DSL modem and 4-port 10/100Mbps Ethernet router. No need to buy a separate router, the TD-8840T is designed to allow you easily create a high-speed wired network and share it with up to four computers or other Ethernet-enabled devices to you home and to the Internet. Having this, you can avoid the cable clutter because now you have got a router inside.
Access High-Speed Internet
Supporting the latest ADSL2/2+ standards, the TD-8840T provides higher performance (up to 24Mbps downstream) and longer reach form your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM). Unlike a dial-up Internet service, the TD-8840T can get the DSL connection always on so that you don't have to wait to access the web. Besides the high-speed internet connection, this device also supports TR-069, which can automatically updates the firmware and other setting when they become available from your ISP.
The TD-8840T includes a built-in QoS engine that helps prioritize Internet traffic to enable smooth Internet phone calls (VoIP) and lag-free online gaming. In addition, this device includes Dual Active Firewalls (Packet filtering and NAT) to help protect your network from potential attacks from across the Internet. Setting up the TD-8840T is simple since it automatically detects your DSL settings to quickly establish a connection to the Internet.
- Access a high-speed DSL Internet connection
- Up to 24Mbps downstream speed
- Live Parental Controls allow parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff
- IP QoS features for improved bandwidth control across the network
- Built-in switch connects four local PCs directly, and daisy-chain out to more hubs and switches as your network grows
- QoS prioritization based on ToS, DSCP, 802.1p
- Dual Active Firewalls: NAT and Packet Filter
- Supports DHCP, Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP), and includes a user-friendly Setup Wizard which takes you through configuring your network, step by step
- Administer and Upgrade the Router Remotely over the Internet
- Supports Annex M, which can double upstream data rates
- Improved security mechnism.
- Banned logining the management interface after trying wrong username or password over 5 times.
- Banned downloading files via URL.
- Add logout function.
- Banned accessing firmware page from WAN.
- Fixed other bugs and issues.
- May 20, 2008
- Windows (all)
- 577 downloads
- 900 KB
- May 25, 2010
- Windows (all)
- 645 downloads
- 1.1 MB
- April 18, 2014
- Windows (all)
- 770 downloads
- 1.4 MB