Got game? Well, this is the router for you! Built with gaming, streaming and mobile devices in mind, this next generation gigabit WiFi router has a 1GHz dual core processor and delivers extreme speed so you enjoy less lag and less buffering. No matter where you WiFi, Nighthawk has you covered with Beamforming+ and built in high powered amplifiers and external antennas.
New Features & Enhancements:
- Supports Genie 5G Wi-Fi configuration.
- Fixes Comcast IPv6 connection issues.
- Fixes bug in which PPPoE IPv6 failed to obtain WAN IP address issue.
- Fixes bug in which IPv6 might disconnects after 2-3 days of use.
- Fixes bug in which traffic meter incorrectly counts the LAN to WLAN traffic.
- Fixes IPTV freeze problem in some countries.
- Fixes bug in which web GUI crashes when GUI language is switched to French.
- Fixes bug in which WPS login might disconnect from previous wireless clients.
Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
- Download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
- The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes. If power LED light turns amber and blinking, power cycle the router to complete the upgrade.
- If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn't display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color.
Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.
- September 4, 2014
- Windows (all)
- 100 downloads
- 21.4 MB