The Nighthawk X4 AC2350 WiFi Router with Quad-Stream X4 Architecture, delivers the single fastest WiFi connection, up to 1.73Gbps, and a combined speed of 2.33Gbps. With next generation Wave 2 WiFi, a 1.4GHz dual core processor, and features like Dynamic QoS, X4 delivers unmatched performance for gaming, streaming and mobile connectivity.
- Improved the 5GHz wireless performance when Beamforming is enabled.
- Improved the 2.4GHz wireless connection in noisy environment.
- Improved the 5GHz wireless connection when user configures R7500 in wireless bridge mode.
- Fixed the issue that USB LEDs might show the wrong status if user unplug/plug USB disk too fast.
- Fixed the loop issue when two R7500 in the same network.
Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NetGear recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to reenter them manually.
- Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is R7500-V188.8.131.52.img
- Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes. If power LED light turns amber and blinking, power cycle the router to complete the upgrade.
If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn’t display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color. Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.
- August 11, 2014
- Windows (all)
- 410 downloads
- 19.8 MB