- Security fix and enhancement.
- Added few security enhancements.
- Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
- Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.The filename after extracting is D6400-V184.108.40.206_1.0.54.chk
- Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D6400/D6400_FW_V220.127.116.11_1.0.54.zip
- Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
- The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes.
- If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn’t display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color.
- Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.