Manual Installation Instructions:
Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding.
1. Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj920 before downloading the printer driver.
2. Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj920 folder.
3. Open the c:\dj920 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file.
4. Dialog boxes indicating "Loading Files" and "Please Wait" will appear indicating files are being copied. Wait until the files are finished copying.
5. Click "Install Printer Software"
Note: If this screen is not present, check the taskbar for a minimized screen named "920c". Click on this item to activate this screen.
6. Follow the instructions on the installer screen.
Note: There may be one or more printers installed. To verify the correct printer has been selected, do the following:
1. Click on the Start Menu
2. Click "Printers and Faxes"
3. Verify that the "hp deskjet 920c series" is present.
Note: There may be more than one printer with "920c" in the name. The one WITH "series" in the name is the printer driver from HP. The one WITHOUT "series" in the name is the Built-In driver included in the Windows XP operating system.
4. Make sure the HP printer with driver with "series" in the name has a Check Mark next to it, indicating it is the default printer.
5. To make a printer the default printer, right click on the printer name and select "Set as Default Printer"
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: