HP Deskjet 3820 Printer (Windows 9X/ME)
This driver is designed for use on computers that will be directly connected to the printer from the computer through:
- A parallel cable on Windows 95/98/ME.
- A USB or parallel cable on Windows 98/ME.
Caution! The printer's (USB or Parallel) cable must be unplugged before proceeding!
- Create a new folder on the hard drive before downloading the printer driver.
- Suggestion: "c:\dj3820"
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj3820 folder.
- Open the c:\dj3820 folder and double-click on the downloaded "exe" file. Once the files are loaded and driver installation screen appears, proceed to step 6. If this screen does not appear, continue with the next step to manually open the screen.
- Double-click on the c:\dj3820\Win9X_ME folder to open the folder.
- Double-click on the "setup" file to start the installation program.
- Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.