nVIDIA ForceWare Driver 71.84 WHQL Certified for Windows XP/2000
* Support for the GeForce 6200 with TurboCache™, NVIDIA PureVideo™, and NVIDIA SLI™
* SLI support for over 60 top games
* A CoolBits applet to allow users to easily add their own SLI application profiles for games that are not SLI certified
* Robust HDTV Display Setup and adjustments
* Multi-Display support for Windows Remote Desktop
* Improved compatibility with Windows Remote Desktop in multi-display modes
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support
This following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 67.66:
• Flat panel native resolution 1680x1050 is not displayed correctly.
1680x1050 and 1366x768 resolutions for flat panels are now supported.
• GeForce 6 Series: Skills menu and hotkey bar are corrupt in the game
World of Warcraft.
• GeForce 6 Series: When performing 4:3 PanScan of VMR7 or VMR9
DVD playback, the screen does not pan nor is the screen centered.
• SLI Cards: The game Lock On Modern Air Combat has rendering
issues with SLI mode enabled.
• GeForce4 Ti/GeForce 6800: Command and Conquer: Generals has
corruption when both antialiasing is enabled in the NVIDIA control
panel and in-game image quality is set to ʺHighʺ.
• GeForce 6800: Code Creatures Benchmark shows screen corruption at
1600x1200x32 with 8x antialiasing enabled.
• GeForce 6 Series, SLI: The opening cinematics in the game Ground
Control 2 are corrupted.
• GeForce 6600: Minor flickering in Return of Wolfenstein: Enemy
Territory when antialiasing is enabled at high resolutions.
• GeForce 6800: NHL 2005 has screen corruption when antialiasing is
enabled at 1600x1200 resolution.
• GeForce 6 Series: Water in Half-Life 2 has vertical banding.
• GeForce 6800: The screen flashes when playing the game Tron 2.0
with 3D stereo enabled.
• When playing Star Wars Republic Commando:
• There might be graphical corruption or tearing when clicking
Apply after adjusting options in the Graphics Options menu.
• The computer may reboot during the prologue.
• The game may crash to the desktop while playing the game, or
when quitting from the in-game pause menu when Squad Shadows
are enabled in the Graphics Options menu.
GeForce 6200 with TurboCache
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6610 XL
GeForce 6800 Ultra
GeForce 6800 GT
GeForce 6800 LE
GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
GeForce FX 5700
GeForce FX 5700LE
GeForce FX 5700VE
GeForce PCX 5750
GeForce FX 5900
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900 XT
GeForce FX 5900ZT
GeForce PCX 5900
GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
GeForce FX 5200 LE
GeForce FX 5200
GeForce FX 5500
GeForce FX 5100
GeForce PCX 5300
GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
GeForce FX 5600
GeForce FX 5600XT
GeForce FX 5600SE
GeForce FX 5800 Ultra
GeForce FX 5800
GeForce4 Ti 4800
GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE
GeForce4 Ti 4200 w/AGP 8x
GeForce4 Ti 4600
GeForce4 Ti 4400
GeForce4 Ti 4200
GeForce3 Ti 500
GeForce3 Ti 200
Quadro FX 4400
Quadro FX 540
Quadro FX 1400
Quadro FX 4000
Quadro FX 4000 SDI
Quadro FX 3450
Quadro FX 3400
Quadro FX 1300
Quadro FX 1100
Quadro FX 330
Quadro FX 3000(G)
Quadro FX 600
Quadro FX 500
Quadro NVS 285
Quadro NVS 280 PCI
Quadro FX 2000
Quadro FX 1000
Quadro FX 700
Quadro4 980 XGL
Quadro4 900 XGL
Quadro4 750 XGL
Quadro4 700 XGL
Quadro4 500 XGL
Quadro DCC For the complete release notes please go here: http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/71.84/NVWinRel70Notes_7184.pdf
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: