Lite-on SOHR-5239S Firmware 0C
Firmware is the driver program stored & executed within opto-drives (like CD-RW). Not the resident driver to be installed under PC operation system (like Windows, DOS device driver). To upgrade firmware will change and improve the compatibility & performance of the opto-drive. The downloaded upgrade program still need to be run in your PC to transfer the new firmware code into the flash memory of the opto-drive. Some of the upgrade programs can be only run under pure DOS operation system enviroment, some can be done directly under Windows enviroment (compatibility related). Please download the program you need & unzip it, choose the proper operation system enviroment to execute it. For example, boot from DOS floppy disc into the pure DOS mode to run the program that only for DOS enviroment, do not use the MS-DOS prompt window under Windows environment. The detail upgrade procedure please click \" How to upgrade firmware \".
It\'s not necessary to upgrade the firmware of your opto-drive unless you meet problem.
Customers, please be aware, that LiteON IT will no longer provide services to the products that have been \" Illegally Firmware Upgraded \", such as flashing to other models\' firmware.
How to Flash F/W
1. Make sure your drive\'s model name by inspecting the safety label on top of your drive.
2. Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
3. Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
4. Please close all applications under Windows.
5. Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during upgrade.
6. Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
7. Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON drives ).
8. Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
9. Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.
Matches more media
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: