Sign up for a new account or log in here:
The downloadable Data Lifeguard Tools now comes in both DOS and Windows versions and was written specifically for the installation of Western Digital EIDE hard drives. If your computer system already has a hard drive installed with an operating system of Windows 98SE or greater, you should use the Windows version of Data Lifeguard for best results. The DOS version is required if installing a hard drive in a new system without existing operating system support.
Supported Operating System:
* Windows 2000
* Windows XP
* Windows ME
* Windows 98SE
* Windows 98
1. Download the dlgsetup11_win.zip.
2. Extract and run the Dlgsetup11_win.exe file.
3. Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
4. Once installed, you will be prompted to run the program or may run the program manually from either the programs menu or from the shortcut on your desktop.
5. You will see the following options:
* VIEW INSTALLATION TUTORIAL - Instructions on how to connect your new hard drive to the computer.
* SETUP YOUR HARD DRIVE - Setup a hard drive already connected to your computer.
* DRIVE-TO-DRIVE COPY - Copy all the files or a specific folder from one drive to another.
* HARD DRIVE INFORMATION - Jumper Settings and other technical information about your hard drive.
6. Select the task you wish to perform.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.