This web package contains the same driver version as on Cdrom version 1.12. Components not included in this web package to reduce download time are: PrintCreator; Product Tour; ReadIris application; Network support; and Share2Web. Order the full CD to have access to these components.
Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access. To order the CD use the "Back" button to display the previous page and select the software beginning with CD.
What's New in this Release
* A fix has been implemented for a problem seen on computers running with Hyperthreading turned on. With Hyperthreading turned on, the Scan Picture and Copy features would not launch when started from the HP Director. This has been fixed.
* A fix has been implemented for a problem that could cause the Windows 2000 stop error 44, (multiple_irp_complete_results), to occur when USB communications is first established between the officejet 7100 and the computer. It occurred intermittantly on certain computers running Windows 2000 only. It was most likely to happen during the plug & play portion of an install when repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling the software or if power is interrupted while the device is in use.
* A fix has been implemented for a problem where if the oj7100 fax printer was set as the default printer, the default would switch back to the oj7100 printer when the system was rebooted.
* Fixes for several issues seen with the Jetdirect 280m Wireless Access Point have been made. These include:
o Multiple page faxes could not be sent from the director or print-to-fax under low signal conditions.
o Unable to install by the method of specifying an IP address.
* On a wireless installation, a "Wait for service failed" dialog appears if you try use the built-in Windows Guest account. If a new user account is created and added to the guest user group, this error does not appear.
* On a network installation, on Windows 98, large print jobs will not always work. Try printing at a lower quality, (ie normal instead of best) or printing to a locally connected printer for these types of print jobs.
* The officejet 7100 with a Jetdirect 280m is unable to connect to a D-Link Wireless Access point model Di614+
HP OfficeJet 7100 Series all-in-one Windows Web driver Installation Instructions:
1. Download the driver file.
2. Turn off the hp OfficeJet 7100 series device and disconnect either the USB cable or parallel port cable.
3. Temporarily disable antivirus software.
4. Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
5. Uninstall the previous version of the HP driver software if any is installed.
6. Run the downloaded .exe file. Follow the screen directions presented during the software installation.
7. When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a "Software Copied Successfully" dialog box with a prompt to "follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your hp OfficeJet 7100 series hardware".
8. Select [Finish] on the "Software Copied Successfully" dialog.
9. If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
10. Connect the usb or parallel cable and turn on your hp OfficeJet 7100 series device to start the Plug & Play phase of the install. Note: If using a parallel connection and not running Windows XP, the computer will have to be restarted to start Plug & Play.
11. During the Plug & Play phase, a "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog will appear.
12. Select [Next], then [Next], then [Finish] buttons to continue. On some computers it may take a few minutes to install the software.
13. The desktop icon will be created, and the HP system tray icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. The HP Fax Setup Wizard or Electronic Registration will appear depending the features of your hp OfficeJet 7100 series device.
14. Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard, if it appears.
15. Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
16. When the "Congratulations!" dialog appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the readme.html file will be located in the path:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officeJet 7100 series\Help
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.