NOTE: Components not included in this web package to reduce download time are: PrintCreator; Product Tour; ReadIris application; Network support; and Share2Web. Order the full CD to have access to these components.
Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access. To order the CD use the "Back" button to display the previous page and select the software beginning with CD.
HP OfficeJet D Series Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 Web Package Driver Installation Instructions:
1. Turn off the HP Officejet device and unplug the USB cable. If using the parallel port connector it should remain connected.
2. Uninstall the previously version of the software (Click Start, click All Programs, point to HP Officejet, and then click Uninstall Software)
3. Temporarily disable antivirus software.
4. Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
5. Run the downloaded .exe file, then follow the screen directions presented during software installation.
6. When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a "Software Copied Successfully" dialog box with a prompt to "follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your hp officejet d series hardware".
7. Select [Finish] on the "Software Copied Successfully" dialog.
8. If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
9. Turn on your hp officejet d series device, and if using USB then connect the USB cable. If using the parallel port, and the parallel port connector was not connected as instructed in step 1 above, then connect the parallel port cable and perform a second reboot of the computer now.
10. After the Add New Hardware dialogs, an "Install HP software" dialog will appear.
11. Select [Next]. NOTE: The ReadIris application and HP instant support are not included with the Web download. Wait for the HP software to start and the HP Fax Setup Wizard to appear.
12. Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard, if it appears.
13. Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
14. When "Congratulations!" appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
15. Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
16. View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the readme.html file will be located in the path:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet d series\Help
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.