There is one major new functionality of this driver as listed below:
* The Parallel Port is now supported in addition to USB.
This driver replaces previous versions of the HP OfficeJet G Series drivers as defined below:
* For Windows 2000 customers this driver replaces drivers Versions 2.50, 2.43 or earlier.
Notice: If you intend to use both a HP OfficeJet G Series and HP OfficeJet K Series All-In-One device on the same PC, there is an uncommon scenario where the OfficeJet G Series will not work. All three of the following conditions must be met in order to experience this situation:
* Your OfficeJet K Series has Firmware Version 4.04.
* Your OfficeJet K Series is installed on the Parallel Port.
* You intend to install an OfficeJet G Series device either on this same computer using a second Parallel Port or on the same Parallel Port at a later time.
If you have not met ALL of these conditions, then you will NOT experience this problem and may proceed. If you expect to encounter all these conditions in the future then do not install this driver. If you are unsure, then contact HP support for further direction.
Follow these steps to determine your HP Officejet K Series device's firmware version:
* Simultaneously press and hold the [ENTER] and [Cancel] buttons (this will take two hands for most people)
* Release both buttons at the same time
* Wait for the "Extended Self-Test Report" to print out.
* Look at the "Firmware Version" in the lower third of the page, the left hand column, about the sixth item down. Your device has firmware 4.04 if you see the "Firmware Version: OD404R" on the printout.
The specific OfficeJet G Series Driver Version 3.10 Installation Instructions follow:
1. Download the web package driver file.
2. Turn off the HP Officejet device and unplug the USB cable. If using the parallel port connector it should remain connected.
3. Temporarily disable antivirus software.
4. Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
5. Uninstall the previously version of the software (Click Start, click All Programs, point to HP Officejet, and then click Uninstall Software)
6. Run the downloaded .exe file. Follow the screen directions presented during the software installation.
7. When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a "Software Copied Successfully" dialog box with a prompt to "follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your HP OfficeJet G Series hardware". The instructions below are contained in your setup poster.
8. Select [Finish] on the "Software Copied Successfully" dialog.
9. If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
10. Turn on your HP OfficeJet G Series device, and if using USB then connect the USB cable. If using the parallel port, and the parallel port connector was not connected as instructed in step 1 above, then connect the parallel port cable and perform a second reboot of the computer now.
11. After the Add New Hardware dialogs, an "Install HP software" dialog will appear.
12. Select [Next]. NOTE: The ReadIris application and HP instant support are not included with the Web download. Wait for the HP software to start and the HP Fax Setup Wizard to appear.
13. Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard, if it appears.
14. Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
15. When "Congratulations!" appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
16. Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
17. View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the Readme.html file will be located in the path:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet G Series\Help
NOTE: Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: