HP Officejet k80 / k80xi All-in-One Driver 1.16 for Win 2000
OTE: Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access. To order the full release CD, with all software features, use the "Back" button to display the previous page and select the software beginning with CD.
This driver has been updated to remove the netdirect features. Other features that have been removed to reduce the driver download file size are the bundled software and the product tour.
This driver is designed for use on computers that will be connected to the OfficeJet K series from the computer's Parallel port or USB port. When installing the OfficeJet K series via a parallel port the computers ECP mode must be turned on.
* Click here for more information about turning on the computers ECP mode.
* Click Here for more information about the removal of netdirect features.
Download and installation Instructions:
The Officejet K series must be turned off and the Parallel or USB cable must be unplugged from the computer before proceeding!
1. Download the driver software.
2. Temporarily disable antivirus software.
3. Exit any running applications, games, utilities, multimedia applications.
4. Uninstall any previous versions of the Officejet K series software.
5. To start the software installation locate and click on the downloaded driver file you saved to your computer's hard drive.
6. Follow the screen directions presented during software installation.
7. For a successful install you will see a "Select Cable Type" screen with options for how to connect your OfficeJet K series with a parallel or USB cable.
8. Select a cable choice and follow the instructions for connecting the OfficeJet K series to your computer.
9. Upon completing the software installation enable the antivirus software.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.