This contains an improved version of the driver found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ installation CD. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This driver includes the following application:
* Creative Audio Console
The application enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
* Removes randomly occurring audio distortion that may occur after you install drivers and restart your computer.
* Improves host CPU utilization performance when you play 3D/EAX games.
* Improves the usability of the Bit-Matched Playback feature in Audio Creation Mode.
* Resolves some MIDI/SoundFont® compatibility issues.
* Restores EAX presets properly when you select default settings in Entertainment Mode.
* Resolves the issue of a mode console sometimes not responding after you switch modes.
* Restores proper functionality to the EQ sliders when you select EAX effects in Entertainment Mode.
* Removes the error message that sometimes appears in THX Setup Console when you switch modes multiple times.
* Resolves the issue of your computer not responding when you change the Reverb Aux effect in Audio Creation Mode.
* Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
* Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio device
* Creative MediaSource™ DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: