Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.07.0004
This contains an improved version of the driver found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ installation CD. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This driver includes the following application:
* Creative Audio Console
The application enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
* Removes randomly occurring audio distortion that may occur after you install drivers and restart your computer.
* Improves host CPU utilization performance when you play 3D/EAX games.
* Improves the usability of the Bit-Matched Playback feature in Audio Creation Mode.
* Resolves some MIDI/SoundFont® compatibility issues.
* Restores EAX presets properly when you select default settings in Entertainment Mode.
* Resolves the issue of a mode console sometimes not responding after you switch modes.
* Restores proper functionality to the EQ sliders when you select EAX effects in Entertainment Mode.
* Removes the error message that sometimes appears in THX Setup Console when you switch modes multiple times.
* Resolves the issue of your computer not responding when you change the Reverb Aux effect in Audio Creation Mode.
* Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
* Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio device
* Creative MediaSource™ DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.