Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Vista Beta Driver 2.10.0000
This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows® Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and Build 5456 support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi®. It is not fully tested and provides limited functionality.
Take note of the following:
* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
* We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver for critical tasks.
* This download supports Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and Build 5456, and may not work on other Vista builds.
Current release features:
* X-Fi Crystalizer™
* AC-3/DTS decoding (only in Windows Vista 32-bit)
* MIDI Playback
* EAX Effect
* Smart Volume Management
* Headphone detection
* PCM stereo output through optical out
* When switching modes, a duplicate entry of the \"X-Fi Crystalizer\" tab in Audio Console appears. To resolve this issue, close and open Audio Console.
* To configure your speakers, you can use only \"Audio Devices and Sound Themes\" in Control Panel.
Note: 6.1 speaker mode is not available in this download.
* Disabling and enabling your audio card in Device Manager causes an error message to appear and stops audio output. To resolve this, restart your computer.
* Waking your computer from sleep mode stops audio output. To resolve this, restart your computer.
* X-Fi CMSS®-3D features are not available in this download.
* Recording features are not available in this download.
* To allow PCM stereo output through optical out, select the Enable Digital I/O check box in \"Audio Devices and Sound Themes\" in Control Panel.
* Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit Beta 2 (Build 5384 or Build 5456)
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio card
* To install the driver, do the following:
1. Download the EXE file into your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
* For more information on Microsoft Windows Vista, see www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/
* For Windows Vista 64-bit users, read the Readme.txt in this download before installing the driver.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.