Published January 26, 2010
The Spoon Browser Sandbox offers 11 different Web browser builds, including IE 6, 7, and 8, Firefox 2, 3, and 3.5, Safari 3 and 4, Opera 9 and 10, as well as Google Chrome. All of these run securely and don't require installation.
To begin, visit spoon.net/browsers and click where it says Install Plugin. After executing the downloaded installer, you should be able to run any of the available browser sandboxes by selecting your browser of choice. Following the brief loading time (10 to 15 seconds), a new window with your selected browser should appear.
It's worth noting that your firewall may prompt you after launching a browser. Also, after you open a specific sandbox browser once, subsequent loading times should be drastically reduced. The sandbox browsers are seemingly fully functional, and they feel just as you might expect them to.
Previous Tech Tips
- Enable Windows 7's Hidden "God Mode"
- Reclaim Some Storage Space with a Few Simple Tweaks
- Prevent Windows Update From Automatically Restarting Your PC
- How to Bring a Lost Window Back to your Desktop
- How to Change the Logon Screen on Windows 7
- Unearth Region-Specific Windows 7 Themes
- Install Over 50 Freeware Apps Hands-Free with Ninite
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: